The light belt with high impact resistance
Biathlon has the unique feature of being a light belt offering the high impact resistance of a heavier belt.
- Two textile plies (polyester warp and polyamide weft)
- One layer of high elasticity rubber
- Distribution of the force between the plies to provide superior ply adhesion
Typical installations for Biathlon belts are:
- Conveying of materials of large lump size on long centre distances
- Applications requiring impact and tear resistance
- Installations with small pulley diameters
Biathlon belts combine both advantages of performing like light belts for the installation and benefitting from the impact protection of heavy belts.
Biathlon has a very specific construction. A highly elastic rubber layer is placed in the centre of the belt between the two fabric plies. This additional layer improves the impact resistance level and thus increases the service life of the belt.