Cold resistant - Transcold
The cover grade beating the cold to ensure belt flexibility even at the lowest temperatures down to -50 °C.
In some regions, conveyor belts are exposed to extremely large temperature ranges. The belt structure can get brittle and be subject to cracks at temperatures below -30 °C.
Transcold covers have been especially designed by our engineers to keep their flexibility until -50 °C, enabling a maximum belt lifetime under such harsh climate conditions.
Semperit has designed a full range of Transcold covers to match the distinct needs of our customers under the most extreme environmental conditions.
The main features of Transcold covers are:
- Exceptional cold resistance
- High elasticity kept at low temperatures
- Excellent shock resistance
- All properties maintained down to -50 °C as the basis for efficient performance
- Suitable for conveying various types of materials under extreme temperatures
- Available in a flame retardant version
- Available in an oil resistant version
- Available in a special anti-abrasive version
- Open-pit mining
- Lignite and hard rock mining
- Overland conveyors
- Mineral processing plants
- Port operations
- Power and heating plants