The special metal belt with a unique steel carcass construction for enhanced impact and tear resistance
Metaltrans conveyor belts consist of an assembly of two layers of rubber embedded cords. Two different constructions are available, both offering unique properties perfectly suited for your application.
The unique carcass type provided by Metaltrans can be produced with two kinds of warp cords: M and E.
The highly elastic M-cords allow for transportation around tight horizontal and vertical curves and short transition lengths, whereas the E-cords provide lower elongation.
The weft cords, which are used in cross direction, protect the warp cords and are resistant to strong impact due to their super high elasticity.
- Excellent cord/rubber adhesion even under tough working conditions
- Exceptional resistance to repeated impact
- Outstanding resistance to penetration limiting longitudinal cuts and tears
- Weft cords included in the carcass increase service life since the full cover thickness can be used
- The option to use mechanical fasteners for emergency situations and fast repairs
The Metaltrans construction with the highly elastic M warp cords (4x7 design) offers a low elastic modulus and strong impact resistance and is particularly suitable for:
- Installations with highly dynamic specifications
- Short installations with repeated impacts and risk of cuts
- Small pulley diameters
- Very small radii for horizontal and vertical curves
- Crowned pulleys for centring on short conveyors
The Metaltrans construction with the low elongation E warp cord (7x7 design) provides high breaking strength and is particularly suitable for:
- Long centre distances with repeated impacts and high risk of cuts and tears
- Installations where low belt elongation is requested