The unique self-centering troubleshooter to prevent mistracking
Sempertrans developed the original Autostable belt more than 30 years ago and has continuously improved this very unique belt since then. The Autostable belt helps avoid all mistracking-related damages to the belt or the conveyor structure. As a result, the life expectancy of your conveyor belt is increased while your total cost of ownership is reduced.
- Self-centering effect without any accessory or modification of the conveyor system
- Cross rigid centre, which provides a form locking shape allowing no transversal movement of the belt
Autostable is recommended in cases of:
- Reversible installations where standard belts are hard to track
- Installations with a poorly centred load (e.g. bucket wheel excavators)
- Belts running with high speed and short centre distances
- Existing overland conveyors with mistracking problems
- Less edge damage
- Significant extension of belt service life especially for installations with idler adjustment issues
- Possibility to significantly raise the installation output by increasing the troughing angle
- Possibility to increase the installation output by replacing the standard belt with a wider Autostable belt
- Less mistracking allows for tighter tolerances. Thus wider belts are possible on the same conveyor
- Possibility to go around tight horizontal curves as form locking keeps the belt in position
- Excellent tracking for reversible conveyors
The constructive difference in rigidity between the centre area and the sides ensures the self-centring effect of the belt. As the more rigid central part cannot adapt to the troughing angle as formed by the idlers, the belt tends to return to its natural troughed position, thus favouring its stability along its entire length.
Depending on the troughing angle, the centring force provided by an Autostable belt is five to eight times higher than the one provided by a normal belt.